Honey Thrum Slipper Socks
The Honey Thrum Sock has a beautiful honeycomb pattern with a colourful roving inlay that makes them unique, and fun to knit. From the Maritime tradition, the simple thrumming technique makes these socks extremely cozy and toasty warm. Inside the slipper sock is a pillowy layer of soft roving that insulates while it cushions your feet.
This pattern has both written and charted instructions, and thrumming instructions.
Want to make some? See our National Parks Thrum Bundle HERE
- ● Yarn: 2 skeins Fleece Artist Chinook (worsted weight), 170m/185yds, 125g(340m/370yrds, 250g). + 150g Thrumming Roving
- ● Needles: 3.25mm & 3.5mm DPNs or 32”circular needles (or appropriate needles to get gauge)
- ● Notions: Row counter, Cable needle, Stitch markers (need one unique marker for BOR), Stitch holder, Yarn needle
- ● Gauge: With larger needles – 24sts X 28 rows in Stockinette St in the round = 4”/10cm
- ● Sizes: Women’s 5/6 (7/8, 9/10)
- ● Skill level: Intermediate to advanced